Within our vision, there are 5 characteristics that are central to the Pentecostal Church The Door:
Jesus Christ is the centre.
• Jesus Christ is the only born Son of the living God, born by the virgin Mary.
• Jesus Christ died on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins and the healing of our body.
• Jesus Christ rose from death on the third day and ascended into Heaven, but He will soon return to earth to reign as King.
The authority of the bible.
• The bible is the infallible Word of God and is authoritative in every area.
• God created earth in six days through His Word; nothing exists without Him.
• God is Spirit: He is almighty without beginning and end.
• God is three in one: The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Focus on personal belief.
• Every person is a sinner and will be lost for eternity,
unless the person turns from their sins and completely places their belief in Jesus Christ,
and then they receive eternal life.
• Every person must be born again to enter the Kingdom of God. Jesus Christ is the only Saviour for people.
• Every follower of Jesus is baptised in water through immersion for their salvation.
• We believe in baptism through the Holy Spirit, just like on the first Pentecost as written in the bible. Baptism through the Holy Spirit is God’s promise to everyone who believes. The proof of baptism in the Holy Spirit is that someone can speak in new tongues. The Holy Spirit gives us the power and possibility to fulfil God’s will on earth
• Prayer is talking to and seeking contact with God.
• Everyone who believes can pray to God through Jesus Christ and God’s promise is that He will listen to us and hear us.
• The huge task that Jesus gives every church is:
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,
baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20).
We believe that this task is never complete.
• For these reasons, we go into the city of Den Bosch every week to proclaim the gospel and to invite people to our church service and activities.
• We are also active in sending couples to other cities in the Netherlands to plant churches.